It's been a long time. But I'm back. So, here's the deal, guys. I'll post one of my poems every day this week. I won't fill up the entire week, but who cares? I'll start with this one that, as of right now, still has no title. If you have any ideas, feel free to comment them. Here goes nothing...
I look around
and see fire falling from the sky
ash descending on entire families
well, there goes another pretentious start to a poem.
I look again.
I see Fear and Anger dancing a passionate tango
and staring at me ravenously.
They haven't eaten in weeks.
I see… a squirrel.
How the hell did a squirrel get in here?
Then, I finally start listening
and I hear you laugh.
You've been here for years,
except in your version I haven't shown up yet.
I take your hand as we walk back the way I came.
Love and Hope walk on the dance floor and dance, smiling at us.
Ideas and thoughts bounce around and collide in explosions
of color and inspiration
and you sit back and watch like it's the 4th of July.
I try to say something, but so many words hit me at once
that I end up saying nothing.
But you love it this way,
because it means that I can just hold you
and enjoy the fireworks.
These fireworks are never here;
they came just to put on a show for you.
I love you and I never want to leave--
(alarm goes off)
but I knew I'd have to wake up eventually
No comments:
Post a Comment