Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day Two

This one I don't really like as much. I don't know, it just feels really unrefined or something. Oh well. It's called Sisyphus, and here it is.


 No matter what I do, I just can’t win.
Your heart’s locked up tight when I try to get in,
but you sit ready at the door with a key for him.
It’s that soccer player running around your mind
you’re giving him your heart already while you step on mine
while I stand right here at the front of the line
and try to run away, put my head down and work out my life.
-
 You see, I’ll never be that guy that you lust for,
but you don’t know that I am the guy to sweep your feet off the floor.
But instead, I sit and watch as you drool on the floor,
which, I must admit, I’ve done once or twice before
(or maybe more)
But, still I wish that I was that guy,
that I could steal your heart and make you stare
just by walking by.

 The only difference between this and a nightmare
is that when you wake up, it’s over;
But my only escape from this is to not be sober,
Which I plan to stay,
But can you really blame me for wanting this to go another way?
I wanted to still hope one day,
That I could hear you say
“boyfriend”
And be referring to me.

 But, I hope I don’t have to wait too long
Because I can’t keep running around humming that damn song
Because now “when I see your face”
Half of me wants to puke
Because it’s sick of how my heart gets blended by you.
If you haven’t been paying attention, every poem’s about you.
How you freeze me with a touch and thaw me out with a smile;
If thoughts of you were gasoline, girl, I could go two thousand miles.

 But the other half?
Well, he’s a romantic.
He keeps going, hoping it’ll be alright.
But he’s just a scared, little kid staring at his night-light,
Just hoping, praying and wishing that it doesn’t go out
So he can have this thing called sleep that everyone keeps talking about.
Both halves just want peace,
That’s all, no more.
But they’ve run out of patience,
They don’t want to wait anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment